This course will provide its students with “How-To” strategies for a more comfortable retirement. Students will gain confidence in their financial decision making by being more informed on the topics that impact their retirement. The course will consist of two sessions each lasting 2.5 hours.
Date: Thursday, February 21st & 28th
Time: 6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
University of Oregon
Straub Hall Class 253
1451 Onyx Street
Eugene, OR 97401
During the class Students will learn about important retirement topics, including:
- Setting realistic retirement goals.
- Common retirement roadblocks and how to overcome them.
- Estimating cost in retirement including living expenses, healthcare, inflation and more.
- Identifying sources of retirement income including Social Security, Annuities, Pensions, and Retirement Savings.
- Investing in retirement and why it requires a different approach.
- Protecting your Health & Wealth, including discussions about Medicare and Long-Term Care.
- Options for accessing your retirement savings as well as the tax implications.
- The importance of estate planning, including discussions about Trusts, Wills, and Power of Attorney.
Support Materials: There is a 135-page “Passport to Retirement” textbook that goes along with the course.
Cost: The cost to attend the class is $49. You may bring a spouse or guest at no additional charge. Payment can be made by mailing a check, payable to Sanders Coffee Group, to our office or paying at the first class. Note: There is no cost for clients of the Sanders Coffee Group.